Oblong Case BindingCase binding is the binding technique used to produce hard cover books. Why are hard cover books so great for specialty print projects?
- They’re highly durable. If you’re looking for a binding that will last, you can’t do any better than case binding.
- They give your finished product a nice, professional look.
- They’re highly customizable. You can add lots of extra finishing touches to a hard cover binding, such as foil stamping, die cutting, or custom handwork. All of which are great for a specialty project.
- They lay flat for ease of use.
Oblong Hard Cover ProjectsWhat are some hard cover print projects that might require a hard cover binding?
- Coffee table books. Coffee table books are almost always a non-standard size, and are designed to be that way. They’re meant to be displayed prominently in an area where anyone can see the book. The size of the book is meant to draw the eye of a potential reader and inspire them to pick it up! Coffee table books are also great conversation starters.
- Photography books. Photos deserve to be displayed at their natural dimensions instead of being resized and cropped. No matter what size you need your photos to be, we can make an oblong book to accommodate them.
- Art books. Like photography books, books of art deserve larger measurements so the reader can truly appreciate the contents.